Resources & Assistance
Looking for something you haven’t seen? In need of additional services or assistance? Here are some resources that may interest you.
- Tax assistance: The Heritage Center no longer offers free income tax service appointments. Contact AARP at 800-227-7669 or search for tax aide locator on the website.
- Senior housing information: Contact the Dakota County CDA at 651-423-4800 or Common Bond at 952-469-1414
- Visit Metropolitan Council Transit Link's website or call 651-602-5465.
- Lakeville LOOP Circulator Bus - operates on Thursdays 9 am - 2 pm. $3 fare for riding all day. Bus route and Stop Times. Visit DARTS website or call 651-234-2272.
- Metro Mobility https://metrocouncil.org/Transportation/Services/Metro-Mobility.aspx or call 651-602-1111.
- Personalized Rides - Visit DARTS Transportation's website or call 651-234-2290.
- GAPP Transportation is for disabled individuals or those that have no other means of transportation. Visit their website or call them at 952-953-9299.
- Roundabout information: Check out this great Minnesota Department of Transportation video on navigating roundabouts.
- Groceries: Cub Foods - Lakeville South gives Main Street Manor residents a $5 gift certificate to purchase groceries at their store if they ride Transit Link on Tuesdays, and also provides free donuts and coffee to enjoy while shopping
- Meals on Wheels: Sponsored by CAP Dining - 612-669-2913 (Site coordinator - Wanda)
- Free day-old bread: Monday through Friday at 10:15 a.m. at the Heritage Center for Lakeville Area Active Adults members
- Senior dining: served at Winsor Plaza, 20827 Howland Avenue W. , Lakeville, MN 55044 Phone: 612-669-2913
- Caregivers Support Group: Ebenezer offers several different groups: 952-898-3085 or http://www.ebenezermemorycare.org/caregiver-support-groups.html
St. Michael Church of Farmington 651-463-3360 http://stmichael-farmington.org/farmingtoncsg
- Urgent Handyman Service: HEART (Hosanna Emergency Action Response Team) is a group of men and women who volunteer to provide Handyman services for those who have an immediate need and cannot afford to hire someone. Supplies may need to be provided by the homeowner. Call to discuss your request at 612-656-9522.
- Notary Public: Available at Lakeville City Hall, 20195 Holyoke Avenue
- Health Insurance Counselling: Offered once per month at the Lakeville Heritage Center. Counselors provided by Metropolitan Area Agency on Aging. Please call 952-985-4620 for an appointment time.
- Health Insurance Information: Health Care Choices for Minnesotans on Medicare informational booklet gives you important information on Medicare. Video on Medicare Top Ten List of What You Should Know is also a great resource.
- Senior Citizen Property Tax Deferral Program: Persons age 65 and older with household incomes less than $60,000. Call the MN Dept. of Revenue at 651-556-6088 for guidelines.
- Senior LinkAge Line®: Minnesota Board on Aging's free statewide information and assistance service. The Senior LinkAge Line® service is provided by six Area Agencies on Aging that cover all 87 counties of Minnesota and helps connect you to local services. 1-800-333-2433.